National Trust Heritage Festival
March 24, 2015
From 18th April to 26th May 2015 the National Trust (Victoria) along with its branches, properties and expert committees, invites you to celebrate a fantastic month of events, talks, tours and activities commemorating how Conflict & Compassion has shaped our communities.
In 2015 Australia commemorates the Centenary of ANZAC. For many Australians, the battle of Gallipoli is inextricably linked with our national identity. But how else does conflict and compassion shape our nation?From the Frontier Wars to the centenary of World War I, the 2015 Conflict & Compassion Festival in Victoria will explore the human side of war, rebellion, sacrifice and endurance, and the extraordinary stories of courage and compassion that come from the horror of conflict and strife.
For more information http://www.nationaltrust.org.au/vic/Heritage-Festival
Certificate 111 in Tour Guiding Holmesglen Institute
March 23, 2015
Enjoy Free Travel…..
Become a Tour Guide
Holmesglen TAFE will be offering a Certificate 111 course in Tour Guiding commencing Tuesday 14th April
3 days per week, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday finishing on 26th June.
All classes will be at the City Campus in St Kilda Road opposite the Shrine.
- Learn all the skills and knowledge to facilitate local tours
- Earn a qualification that is recognised nationally and around the world
- Update your knowledge of Melbourne and Australia
- Learn how to effectively manage and entertain a tour group
- Essential units in first aid and safe work practices to meet industry standards
- Teachers are tour guide professionals who are currently working in the industry and who will expose you to key contacts and job opportunities
- Create own tours and database for tours in and around Melbourne
- Excursions to places and attractions
Financial assistance may be available through Holmesglen.
Visit the Holmesglen website for more detail and to enrol online
www.holmesglen.edu.au and search for tour guiding